Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Green Culture!

To be honest, I’m not very friendly with environment or, at least, I know that I could do more for it. Anyway, were I live (in my aunt’s house) they separate all plastic bottles, milk cartons, glass and cardboard to be recycled or, more exactly, they save it for give it to a man that recollect that materials to sell it (and recycle).
About government’s contribution to care environment, sincerely, I don’t remember a big “recycling campaign” carried out in our country and I don’t use to see government’s “green points” for recycling in our city (actually in no city) either (except for the Vitacuras’ Municipality, that is a private initiative).  Obviously, they aren’t considering this point in their program and that is worrying. And they aren’t encouraging “green campaigns” in schools or in public places neither, actually they aren’t encouraging anything green, they just want more hydroelectric power stations in our country, what’s happening for god’s sake?
However, the people are still recycling, not the most of them, of course, but there are a lot of environmental groups and independents that are making their best effort, but they still need help.
In our country the most recycled material, clearly, is the glass. We have all seen green containers of COANIQUEM. And that’s very good.  However, we are accumulating and accumulating everyday lots of plastic’s tons. And that can be recycled to! And why nobody or very few people do it?
Other very recycled material is the cardboard (milk cartons, carton boxes, etc.). I know you’ve seen a lot of cardboard harvester all over the city. I admire their hard-work.
And we can’t forget the beer or drink cans. I still believe that someday I will sell my big collection of can taps.
But, what do we need to encourage people to recycling? I don’t have the answer of course, but there are a lot of good ideas, like “green campaigns” for children, more “green points” in our country, to create “recycling jobs” for unemployed people, etc. But everything happens for create a “green conscience” in the people. To give a big incentive to “green culture”.  


7 comments:

  1. I think a green campaign in the schools would be a good idea, children learn more easy than adults

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think is not necessary this kind of campaignes to recycling, because you can also think and tell... for yourself : " I must to protect the natural resources"... if you cannot do it... you are nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, goverment must to promote more campaign in public spaces. Until now everything about recycling are privete initiatives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I agree with you too. The chilean goverment in general not contribute for protect the environment, in fact help to "enemies" of the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of a "big campaign" for recycle and help to the environment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my house we separate the drink cans and alays someone comes looking for them.

    I believe that it's necessary a government initiative to encourage recycling. But even so, the people are very lazy. For have a country most "green", both thins should change.

    ReplyDelete