Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Violeta is beyond the sky...


Hello partners, today I believe I have the opportunity to remember a very special person.  I don’t have any doubt about it. She is Violeta Parra, the best singer-songwriter and compiler of the entire history of our country. She is definitely unique, incomparable. I really admire her. She was like an anthropologist too, she travel around of all our country, meeting people, collecting the songs of the country, the north and the south. Her music is wonderful, a really piece of art. She was a complete artist. Besides singing, she painted, made beautiful burlaps and encouraged traditional craft. She was a really passionate person, his art isn’t noiseless, it talks to you, make you feel her feelings. Her voice is the voice of the people, their joys and sorrows, their successes and fails, their fears; a denounce of the abuse committed to them.
But I can’t explain to myself why did she commit suicide, what happened? We all have trouble, you know. She was brilliant, but why did she do that? That’s what I would ask for her, why did you do that Violeta?
When I remembered the indifference that she received, the lack of support of her popular project, I feel like helpless. I would have wished to be with her at that moment, to back her.
I’m really sorry that, after 30 years, and even more, we didn’t listen to her. We made “deaf ears” and “blind eyes”.
But, do you know what? She finally achieved her purpose. There are a lot of young people that is reviving folklore and I’m very proud of that. Not everything is lost. And I feel this is just the beginning.

6 comments:

  1. You really admire her! Well, she it's touching people even nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I knew you like this woman, but I did not how much you admire her... you are right, ussually, when you are gone, sometimes you can give a better message ... so, is just the beginning

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Violeta Parra too, Not because of the talent that could have had (she wasn't the best singer), but because he was a person who cultivates the art in all its expression and was a very consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that Violeta is most important chilean of music and arts.

    ReplyDelete