Wednesday, January 4, 2012

We aren't going to die this year! Wo-ho.

 I know this headline could have nothing to do with my area of studio, but actually it haves to. Why? Because, accord to the news I’ve seen just a few minutes ago – about an archaeologist that refuted the current interpretation about the Mayan tablet (“the world is going to end on December 21th, 2012”), the world is actually not going to end this year (ufffff….yeah).


After this affirmation, I’m now going to talk about this news article. It’s called “Mayan tablet does not predict end of the world in 2012, says expert” (and is actually the same thing I said before) and it’s based on the hypothesis proposed by the German archaeologist Sven Gronemeyer of La Trobe University (Australia), who presented this interpretation of the hieroglyphs at the archaeological site of Palenque in southern Mexico.


Gronemeyer has spent a lot of time studying those tablets (found in the archaeological site of Tortuguero, Gulf coast state of Tabasco, Mexico) and conclude that the inscription on the tablet just relate the alleged return of a Mayan god, called “Bolon Yokte”, that is supposed to happen on this year, after a period of 5.200 years (approximately). There’s nothing else. Just the end of an era, a transition time, the beginning of a new era with the Bolon Yokte’s arrival, not the end of the world”. Reassuring, doesn’t it? Anyway, he adds that this is very symbolic, because it reflects a “new creation”, the beginning of a new cycle (like an “eternal return”). Very interesting.


I don’t know you, but I’m little disappoint and happy, at the same time. Disappoint because I was spiritually preparing myself for this catastrophe (I had to!) and happy because I think we aren’t going to die. A little of hope, I think. 








Check it by yourself on:


http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/dec/01/mayan-tablet-end-world-2012

5 comments:

  1. How you can be dissanpointed!!Strange woman.But it's true that this kind of "prophecies" make that we value more our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said before on feña `blog... the archaeologist people is strage people...and more if you consider if they are talking about the end of the world or something like that...
    I like the pictures... are optimistic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dissapointed to. I was convencing myself that this will be the last year of my life, but is great to know tha we have more time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad because I'm too young to die XD

    ReplyDelete