Wednesday, December 28, 2011

An unforgettable Christmas (dinner)

Hi people, how are you today?
I think this post will be easier for me because this Christmas, in particular, was very special. And why? Because it was the first time in my life I spent it without my family (parents and brothers). (I’m not from Santiago, but I didn’t travel this time because it would have been very sad for me to say good bye them just the next day of Christhmas, and I specially hate farewells).But I have to say it wasn’t so terrible, I mean, I missed them hard (especially my parents), but I had a great time, anyway. I wasn’t with them, but there were my uncles and my cousins with me. I like them very much too; they’re like my second family. Although my uncles are old (the younger have 57), we’re very close.
I was very tempted of eating stuffed turkey this year, so my uncles and I agreed to cook that meal. I bought all the ingredients (except the green apple, I didn’t want to pay three thousands pesos for 8 apples, but now I regretted that). I was so excited, I thought it would be a very good meal, but I was wrong. L I mean, everything was perfect, a lot of salads, good drinks, everybody happy, until we tasted the turkey. Actually the turkey was fine, but stuffed was awful. And I got very sad, everybody watched me like saying: “thanks, but no thanks” and I realized that that stuffed turkey would be the last for, at least, a long time. But I was well-intentioned. Anyway, I think it wasn’t enough.
So, piece of advice: Never, but NEVER try to invent a new recipe if you don’t know how to cook. A single ingredient can be very good by it’s one, but put a lot of “good” ingredients into a single paste could be a disaster. Trust me; I know what I’m talking about.
Bye J

4 comments:

  1. A really tasty dinner... The good thing is that you have a good time "preparing" that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. but you did a great effort cooking!!! I think that is the sweet part

    ReplyDelete
  3. I`m fine thank you! ...
    I don`t know cook, and when I try yo do it, the people could die... I`m terrible, but is necessary, I have to learn...
    Marta! don`t worry about it, I`m in the same situation... you can learn, I know... YOU CAN DO IT!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`m so sure that your mom missed you

    ReplyDelete