Saturday, May 14, 2011

I just wanna study...

I knew that be at the university would be hard (a lot of study, jobs, stress, eating disorders, etc.) but I never thought that one of most tedious problems that would affect us would be the education system. I mean, we should be learning, working to be better, but not fighting to study. I think this is unfair, there are a lot young people that make a lot of effort to can follow superior studies, and what happens? They can´t because the system select only the “better” ones. That is why students are struggling, that’s what they are trying to change. They aren’t terrorists but people who fight for rights and for future generations of students that will have to face the same troubles.
This affects me directly, because I’m a scholarship student and I could lose this benefit because of the change they want to establish. I repeat again that’s not fair, because I worked hard to be here, like thousands of students who could lose their studies because of issues profit. However, I must admit that I haven’t actively participated in demonstrations, is one of the things that I wouldn’t either because I believe that isn’t the right way. Or maybe it’s a matter of cowardice or rejection to something I haven’t lived in the flesh. Consequently, I didn’t participate in Thursday's demonstration because of the same (and because I had to do a lot of work too).
I think the government should support the students. How they want more professionals if they don’t give a good education? This is a shameful situation. Sometimes I think, will have people from other countries have to fight so hard to achieve a good education? In some places, education is free, but here this is clearly a dirty business.
Anyway, this isn’t the first time and won’t be the last; demonstrations will follow until we get something better. We aren’t asking for anything impossible, we just want to study to achieve something in our lives, doing what we like and enjoy our work. Is that too much to ask?

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem, I could lose my scholarship, just for the government is incompetent right now; It's frustrating to know that, but we can do this change, only we have to be patient.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, there are many interest that benefit the private sector, and not the people, involved here.
    lets hope the demonstrations help the ministry and president to reconsider the course they want for our education to take. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have scholarship, too I really worry , because Icould lose, and I really would not know that I doin this case.I really hope that this problem can be resolved Now

    ReplyDelete